Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Priyanka Chopra, I’ve Made Some serious Headway

Priyanka Chopra reveals her state of mind after recording her first album in the US Priyanka Chopra has returned from a month long stay in LA where she recorded her debut album. Working with international singer-producers like Farnando Garibay, Pete Wentz and Sam Watters, she is going all out to ensure she makes her foray into the world of music with a big bang. Here the actress talks about her album for the first time. Read on…

How much of your album is done?
The month in LA was quite productive. I spent every day in the studio, writing and recording music with various producers and lyricists. It was a great learning experience and a lot of fun. I’ve made some serious headway, but there is still a long way to go before we’re ready to release. All in all, it’s been a great start and I am looking forward to sharing my music with the world.

Tell us a bit about the recording process?
(Laughs) Where do I begin… It’s a whole new ball game for me… To be honest, I was quite nervous the first few times I went into the recording booth but I had the opportunity to work with some great talent and they all helped me find my feet.

Is there a routine you follow before you get into the vocal booth?
Not really. It’s been a very creative process. Essentially, I sit with the song writers and music producers and we brainstorm on songs, penning down lyrics and putting together the melodies etc.

You wrote your own songs.. Yes, this trip has really been a very creatively enriching experience for me and has opened up a side of me I never knew existed! I’ve been writing poems and prose for a long while now but that was more for myself…more private. But song writing is completely different and most often you’re using your own thoughts and feelings. That’s a bit scary given that you’re going to be sharing that with the rest of the world!

Did you do any vocal exericises etc? Singing is pretty much like using any other muscle in your body, when the vocal chords get tired you know it, you feel it. I have been working with two voice coaches, one in India and one in the US, whenever my schedule permits. It’s great because it has helped me understand what I can do with my singing voice and has also helped me develop it in many ways. It’s almost like going to a gym… for my vocal chords (laughs)

Is your album rap, given that you are a fan of Hip-Hop and R&B ? Yes, I am a fan of hip-hop and R&B, but no, that’s not something I’m going to be doing… for now at least!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger